mga kwento at haka-haka ni kakang pepe

Sunday, September 19, 2004

AY SUSO! SUSO PALA!

for the umpteen time, someone blurted out a phrase i've been hearing eversince i was a kid. this time, courtesy of fionski.

"nasaan si pilar?"

obviously because of my name. pepe happens to be my real name--not my nickname, petname or pseudonyme.

it had also become a routine hearing this question:

"talagang pepe lang, hindi jose?"

i'm not sure if younger generations, or at least few generations after me, got hold of the book. that book was actually the source of this butt.

initially it made me blushed (and very anxious...damn it!) when i was younger. but as i get older, bolder, and cheekier, i became so accustomed and rebut it with ease.

"pepe lang po talaga ma'am, huling tawad na!"

"wala pa nga akong pilar, naghahanap pa."

oh well, a rose by any other name...