mga kwento at haka-haka ni kakang pepe

Saturday, April 08, 2006

As Long as the Matter Doesn't Age

My multiphasic executive health screening report is already out. I felt relieve and very thankful as the result, in a nutshell, says I'm essentially healthy. Fit as a Gurkha! It's not surprising though as I'm living a generally healthty lifestyle: strength training twice a week, good cardio exercise by shagging at least 3 times a week either by playing basketball or jogging 4 km or so aweek and though I'm not shying away from any food, I make it a point to watch what I eat and strike a good balance.

This health screening, which is considerably comprehensive and also expensive, is one of the perks of being part of the management team. Some people (a few close to me) I know try to avoid this even if it's free and gives you a full day off as it is OB (official business). It amuses me to no end that these people are simply too scared, not of the the needle or the procedure where the doctor sticks her (yes, the doctor was a she) lubricated instrument to your ass to analyse tumour markers for prostrate and all, but for the chance of possibly knowing that there maybe something skewed with their system.

Scaredy cat, huh!

I don't like the feeling of not being in control, not even with regards to my health. If there is really something wrong with me (...knock on wood!), I want to know it as early as possible. I'm not a medical practitioner but I know for a fact that the odds are with you once that dreaded something is detected at an early stage.