mga kwento at haka-haka ni kakang pepe

Saturday, June 02, 2007

All-time fave


All-time fave
Originally uploaded by plpandaan

tadadan!!!!

Ginataang pagi na may malunggay (stingray in coconut milk with....ano nga bang English translation ng malunggay?)

Just the mention of this food would trigger my salivary glands, the smell of which would make me drool. Okay, the last one was an exaggeration. But I kid you not when I say that this would be it if I would be in a deathrow and given a choice of my last meal.

This food which I prefer spiced up is a dead give away that I'm a Bicolano. A true-blue at that since my Tatay and Nanay were originally from the Bicol region. This is actually a family favourite. A dish I usually requested my Nanay to cook whenever I visit Pinas. My wife, Sallie, naturally learnt the dish. An act of her undying love which I'm really very grateful. She cooked this one, btw.

bon appetit!