mga kwento at haka-haka ni kakang pepe

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Dust Thou Art and to Dust Returneth

Today is Ash Wednesday which marks the start of the 40-day Lent season.

That we'll all end up to nothing is humbling enough to make me reflect on the significance of my borrowed existence from time to time. Of course there were times, countless times, that I was proud and narcissistic. I strongly believe that is my karma, as well as everyone else, to rectify inherent flaws. I doubt it though that we will ever be absolutely triumphant even given numerous after lifes, that is if you believe in reincarnation.

I always believe that He sort of let us loose in a jungle called life with parameters mostly beyond our mundane comprehension. If we come out of the woods unscathed or perish in there is immaterial to Him. What matters is we did our best given the circumstances.

With prayers and His grace, may we yield not to temptations and deliver us from evil…