mga kwento at haka-haka ni kakang pepe

Monday, May 01, 2006

They learn much more and I'll never know

Examination week is a stressful season here in Singapore not only for children but moreso for parents. I promised myself that though I want my children to be the best that they can be, I won't rob them of their childhood and go easy on them. But whether I like it or not, I have to tweak that a bit. The future is so competitive and I know that to give them a good fighting chance to really succeed, I have to be involve and push them harder to realize their potentials. Not that there's little between their ears, in fact my kids are above average. Something that they inherited from me makes me real proud.

A colleague sent me an email containing quotes from some known personality to remind us that it's just a means to an end.

As parents, let's be a good coach:

"A good coach will make his players see what they can be rather than what they are."
--Ara Parasheghian


When your child face a difficult exam :

"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."
--Michael Jordan


Whatever the end results are :

"The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed."
--Jiddu Krishnamurti