mga kwento at haka-haka ni kakang pepe

Monday, April 10, 2006

Hey Judas, Don't Make it Bad!

Syempre pa, with all its hype, pinanood ko ang The Gospel of Judas sa National Geographic channel. It's quite interesting, but not really that surprising, to know that some early Christians viewed Judas as a hero. Even I somehow mulled at this notion that I even blogged about it last year.

I guess there's no questioning the authenticity of the codex, science already answered that. It is the relevance of the findings which I hope the Catholic church, or any Christian faith for that matter, would address officially.

Again it all boils down to faith, at least for me. This Gnostic or the dozen or so other gospels would surely fail to shake my fundamentals: one true God, social justice and practical compassion.