mga kwento at haka-haka ni kakang pepe

Thursday, January 06, 2005

The Matriarch...Kwentong Pinas

Nanay, Abby and me
This is my beloved mother (with me and Abby), my Nanay Choring. She is one of the reasons I miss being home. The seven of us are all grown up (the youngest being 33) but she is still our primary source of wisdom and strength. Something she rightfully earned with hardwork, love and dedication.

Simplicity and frugal living best describe her way of life. I asked her what she wanted as pasabulong, guess what she requested...dried seed ng bell pepper. Binisita n'ya kasi kami rito last June and was delighted to see those bell pepper. Tatanim n'ya raw....hehehe!

I used to snuggle with her (and eat whatever she cooks) everytime we come home and usually have that nirvana feeling...like a baby in her arms!