mga kwento at haka-haka ni kakang pepe

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Happy Birthday My Abby

Papa and AbbyYou're two years old today sweetheart!

I was there in the delivery room two years ago and I saw how painful it was for your mama to brought you out of this world. Mama and I were in tears, and looking at each other, we knew then you are all worth it.

I knew certain moments I spent with you will be deeply etched in my memory and heart for eternity. The best that senility could do later on in my life is blur the edges of these images but the vividness will be retained. You were always sleeping face down on my bosom during your first few days. My breathing certainly lulled you then and our hearbeats seemed to be in tune. Hahaha! Okay, you lulled me to sleep. It was nirvana I profess.

You may not know it yet but you are my antidote to my weariness, the only smile that can brings best sunshine in my life, has the kiss that I long for after a really rotten day.

But hold on there little girl. This doting father wil see to it that you grow up to be a really fine lady. Someone who I can be really proud of. I am privileged and grateful that God has chosen me to mould you and your brother's existence and I'll be trying my very best to be worthy of it.

Sometimes I wish that I could freeze the time so that we could always be together and you would always be my sweet little girl. But that would be selfish of me and of course it can't be.

I love you, you love me
We're one happy family
With a great big hug
And a kiss from me to you
Won't you say you love me too

I love you Abby...