mga kwento at haka-haka ni kakang pepe

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Sibling Rivalry

I was "relieving" myself when wife messaged me:

kol k haus away ung 2 computer!

It was my two boys "fighting" over the computer. I of course obliged and sort things out--a duty naturally assigned to me.

Lahat ng pwedeng pag-awayan eh pinag-awayan na yata!

Even with the 4-year gap, it is apparent that Arthur and Alex is "fighting" for dominance. Arthur being the eldest at 10 usually have the upper hand. Using his wits and built, figuratively and literally, he can bulldozed his way around. Time and again, I reminded him to be the one to give in since he is the eldest, though not in the presence of his siblings who may use it as a leverage. Alex is no push over either. At 6 and still very much a "baby", you expect him to give utmost resistance.

Most of the time, I let them have their arguments and, though very unlikely, settle the dispute among themselves as long as it is within tolerable decibel and no violence is employed.

Since Abby, my sweet little angel of 2, is beginning to tenaciously encroach on their "territories", I'm bracing myself for more of this...