mga kwento at haka-haka ni kakang pepe

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Thinking Out Loud on Holy Week

This is one of those time of the year that I wished I'm back home in Pinas. Other than friday is a holiday, and like Christmas, this week will be just any other day here. Workload wise, I expect to be buried in the heap but definitely, nothing and no one can make me work on Good Friday.

I know that solemnity should come from within. Not that I'm really that religious (I'm more of a secular catholic -- if there is such a term), but it's just feel different being in Pinas during the holy week. As if everything comes to a halt to pay homage to the Great One.

There are few questions - moot, academic and even blasphemous to a point - I have in mind. It is meant that His death on the cross be our redemption. Even Jesus, in great anguish, submitted to this grandest of plan. On this context, does this make Judas, Pilates and all of them that betrayed, ridiculed, punished and eventually crucified Him served as means to an end? If this is so, then they should be absolved. In mundane logic, I guess.

At any rate, I will surely make use of this week to contemplate my existence, ask forgiveness and pray for guidance and strength to do what is right and pleasing to my Creator. I wish you all a solemn and serene holy week.