mga kwento at haka-haka ni kakang pepe

Friday, November 05, 2004

On Your Graduation Day

My eyes were almost wet while watching you on the stage this evening. Of course they were tears of joy. This is your first graduation, and next year, you will be in primary one.

You sure have grown kid.

From the time you first saw the light of this world, I was practically there every step of it. I hope you won't be annoyed by it, though I expect you will be as you get older and wiser. But by that time, I will be more than willing to let you tackle this world head on, and by your own. Just be patient, there's a time for everything.

To tell you frankly, one of the things that I always pray for is for the good Lord to give me a life long enough to see all the milestones you and your siblings would have. And maybe if it's not too much to ask for, I might as well hope and pray to see your own kids as well.

Education is the best gift that I could give you all. You may not know it, but no matter what, you are assured of a good education. Just a few more years and we're done paying the premiums of your edu plan. Lucky you! Me and your Mama, coming from a very humble beginning, did it the hard way.

Keep it up son!

Dito lang si Papa...laging nakatingin...laging handang tumulong...laging handang ituwid and iyong landas...at laging nagmamahal...