mga kwento at haka-haka ni kakang pepe

Monday, November 08, 2004

Down But Not Out

Dang! I'm nursing a nasty cold, not a good timing. Not that I run out sick leave to spare, but I really need to be at my best these days.

I'm hoping and working my ass off to try to minimimize the impact of my absence. Luck is playing tricks on me lately and every can of worms conceivable are popping out at work and I don't really find it funny. I do agree though that those work issues bring out the best in me. They are good mental exercise for an engineer...save for the crappy politicking.

If this follow the usual flu pattern that I have--year in year out--, I think I'll be well and fine in time for my Pinas vacation. It usally starts off with a runny nose and a lot of sneezing (hope you won't find any slime in your monitor...hehehe!). It's a good 2 to 3 days to really "ripen" and another 3 more days of nose blowing. I'll be damn happy it this stop on this. Usually cough follows, and we're talking about another 3 to 4 more days of hacking. I do hope that it won't really get nasty and wake me up in the middle of the night, or else I'm doomed.

Blame it on the erratic weather here in the little-red-dot.

I'm getting myself quarantined here at home to avoid spreading the virus. Hmmm....maglalapit kaya ako sa mga kulugo sa trabaho....Bwahahaha!