mga kwento at haka-haka ni kakang pepe

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Sweet Surrender

This was posted by one the members of the e-group I'm with, mostly women or to be more precise, mostly mothers, to soothe ruffled feathers. Some were making a helluva fuss with members soliciting business.

It wasn't really a big deal, at least for me, just a small price to pay for all those parenting tips and tricks that everyone shares. Of course I would also appreciate if those so called spammers, mostly parents like me who are trying to augment their income, exercise restraint.

There is just this peculiar thing about women of making a mountain out of a molehill. I should know, I married one! History also tells us that singlehandedly, they can bring down civilizations, so what do you expect by bringing together smorgasboard them?!

So much for the preliminary, let's talk about the picture above.

I was brought up believing, that it doesn't make you less of a man sharing your betterhalf's burden--which includes scrubbing the toilet bowl. Of course I do less of most household chores since my wife always take the initiative (God knows how thankful I am to this woman who wears a ring engraved with my name!), but I would lovingly pick up the task when she's under the weather, albeit seldomly, as she's certainly not a whiner.

Be forwarned though, it's a totally different ballgame with the rest of the attributes of an under-de-saya!